Table of Contents
- Updating a Business’ Hours of Operation on Facebook Page (Desktop Computer)
- How to Bring Back Hours of Operation on Facebook
- Updating a Business’ Hours of Operation on Facebook Page (Mobile Phone)
This blog post was originally published on Jan 5, 2016, but it has been updated a few times to show you the most accurate way to update a Facebook company page‘s hours of operation. You can now update a Facebook Company Page’s hours of operation on a desktop computer and mobile device. I’ll show you how to update them on both.
Other Useful Social Media Blog Posts
Updating a Facebook Company Page’s Hours of Operation on a Desktop Computer
To change a Facebook company page’s hours of operation on a desktop computer:
- Click the About tab that is on the leftmost sidebar menu below your Facebook company page’s cover image.
- Mouse over your company’s business hours and click the edit link.
- A modal window will pop up. In there, you can edit your business hours. If your business has two sets of operating hours in a day, you can click the “+” button to add the second set of hours.
- To mark your business as closed on a particular day, uncheck the box next to that day.
- When you’ve made all of your changes, don’t forget to click the Save button.
Alternatively, you can also do it this way:
- Click the Edit Page Info link on the top right of your Facebook company page.
- Edit your business hours.
- Click the Save Changes button.
If you don’t see a place to edit your company’s hours of operation, then you will need to select another main category. Facebook allows you to add up to three categories. One category that will allow you to add/edit your company’s hours of operation is Local Business. Hours of operation only show up for certain business categories, so if you don’t see any hours of operation, select a different first category. I can tell you that if you select Local Service as your first category, you will be able to add your business’ hours of operation.
Can You Update Holiday Hours on Your Facebook Page?
At the moment, I don’t see any option on Facebook to do this. There is a workaround though, but it costs money. If you let Yext have access to your Facebook page, then you can set your business’ holiday hours in their dashboard. Here’s a screenshot of the holiday hours section in Yext’s dashboard:
Yext can control up 70+ listings, so your business’ holiday hours would be updated on all of those listings at once. Here’s my post on whether Yext is worth the cost.
Selected “No Hours Available” and Can’t Bring Them Back?
Someone had asked me this in the comments below. I’ve never selected “No hours available”, so I tried it, and sure enough, the option to edit a Facebook company page’s hours of operation disappeared.
Never fear! I quickly found out that if you scroll back to the top of your Facebook company page, you’ll see a link that says “Edit Page Info” a little below your company page’s cover photo. Click that link, then click the Hours tab, and add your hours back in. Watch this video below if you didn’t understand what I said.
Updating a Facebook Company Page’s Hours of Operation on a Mobile Device
To change a Facebook Company Page’s hours of operation on a mobile phone, you will need to:
1. Tap the Gear Icon on the top right of your screen.
2. Tap the Page Info link.
3. Tap Your Business Hours
4. Tap the Edit Hours button.
5. Edit your business hours and click the Done button.
If you don’t see a place to edit your company’s hours of operation, then you will need to select another main category.
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below. If you found this blog post useful, please share it.