Table of Contents
- Updating a Business’ Hours of Operation on Facebook Page (Desktop Computer)
- How to Bring Back Hours of Operation on Facebook
- Updating a Business’ Hours of Operation on Facebook Page (Mobile Phone)
This blog post was originally published on Jan 5, 2016, but it has been updated a few times to show you the most accurate way to update a Facebook company page‘s hours of operation. You can now update a Facebook Company Page’s hours of operation on a desktop computer and mobile device. I’ll show you how to update them on both.
Other Useful Social Media Blog Posts
Updating a Facebook Company Page’s Hours of Operation on a Desktop Computer
Click on the screenshot above to view a larger version.
To change a Facebook company page’s hours of operation on a desktop computer:
- Click the About tab that is on the leftmost sidebar menu below your Facebook company page’s cover image.
- Click the Page Info tab that appears on the next sidebar menu.
- If your Facebook Company Page’s Hours of Operation are incorrect, click the “x” to remove them.
- Click the Add Hours button, and add your new hours of operation.
- Don’t forget to click the Save Changes button.
If you don’t see a place to edit your company’s hours of operation, then you will need to select another main category. Facebook allows you to add up to three categories. One category that will allow you to add/edit your company’s hours of operation is Local Business. Hours of operation only show up for certain business categories, so if you don’t see any hours of operation, select a different first category. I can tell you that if you select Local Service as your first category, you will be able to add your business’ hours of operation.
Can You Update Holiday Hours on Your Facebook Page?
At the moment, I don’t see any option on Facebook to do this. There is a workaround though, but it costs money. If you let Yext have access to your Facebook page, then you can set your business’ holiday hours in their dashboard. Here’s a screenshot of the holiday hours section in Yext’s dashboard:
Yext can control up 70+ listings, so your business’ holiday hours would be updated on all of those listings at once. Here’s my post on whether Yext is worth the cost.
Selected “No Hours Available” and Can’t Bring Them Back?
Someone had asked me this in the comments below. I’ve never selected “No hours available”, so I tried it, and sure enough, the option to edit a Facebook company page’s hours of operation disappeared.
Never fear! I quickly found out that if you scroll back to the top of your Facebook company page, you’ll see a link that says “Edit Page Info” a little below your company page’s cover photo. Click that link, then click the Hours tab, and add your hours back in. Watch this video below if you didn’t understand what I said.
Updating a Facebook Company Page’s Hours of Operation on a Mobile Device
Click on the mobile screenshot collage above to view a larger version.
To change a Facebook Company Page’s hours of operation on a mobile phone:
- Tap the Edit Page link below your Facebook Company Page’s call-to-action button.
- Tap the View link for the About section.
- You will need to scroll down to see the Edit Hours section. When you do, tap the edit icon that looks like a pencil.
- Tap the icon that looks like a switch to specify what days your business is open or closed. You can specify what hours your business is open by tapping on the times. If you are open during two sets of hours during the day, you can tap the + icon to add another set of hours. When you are done, tap the Save button.
If you don’t see a place to edit your company’s hours of operation, then you will need to select another main category. As of the time of this update, I don’t see the option to change a company’s category. If you happen to see it, let me know, and I’ll add it here.
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below. If you found this blog post useful, please share it.