We didn’t design this website initially, but we renovated it so to speak. The first issue that we had to address was the 404 page that visitors were being redirected to when they clicked on the website button on Marketwise’s Google My Business listing. The 404 redirect was caused by a hacked .htaccess file. After cleaning up that file, visitors were able to access the Marketwise website just fine.
Next, we removed the PHP form that probably caused the .htaccess file to be hacked. Then, we renamed and restructured the website files, so that the urls were more informative. Finally, we implemented the client’s content changes.