The average WordPress site owner will not update their core files, themes, and plugins. Plugin, theme, and core files are updated for security purposes and for when new features are added. Below is a screenshot of what a typical client's WordPress update section looks like:
This particular website had 20+ updates that needed to be made. If you don't update your WordPress site's core files, themes, and plugins, there is the possibility that nothing may happen. There is also the possibility that something could go wrong like your website being infected with malware because a plugin security issue was exploited. You're taking a gamble if you don't update the key components of your WordPress site.
Benefits of Being on a WordPress Maintenance Plan
If your website is on a WordPress maintenance plan, we'll do the following tasks for you:
- Update your website's plugin, theme, and core files a couple times a week
- Manually check your website a couple times a week for display errors
- Monitor your website for downtime
- Use a Web Application Firewall for protection against brute force and DDoS attacks
- Use a CDN for a quicker website load time
- Make sure your website is receiving inquiries by sending you an automatic email every time someone fills out your website's form(s) (for certain web form plugins)
- Remove malware from an infected website
- Create regular backups
- Waive the yearly fees of some premium plugins
WordPress Maintenance is like insurance for your website. It gives you peace of mind.
Are You Ready to Make Your Business Blast Off?