We have done this for many local businesses. Just as many people inquire about our SEO services as they do our Web Design services. If you're not on the first page of the search engines for any relevant search terms in your industry, then you may have some trouble getting traffic. We know. We've been there. Many people don't search past the first page.
We're not Holyfield, but we are the Real Deal when it comes to SEO especially Local SEO. We just relocated to the Tampa Bay area, be when we were in Atlanta, our website was at the top of Google for the term "atlanta web design" (read a recap of our own SEO journey). What we did for ourselves, we can also do for you. We've been fortunate enough to get our clients on the first page for competitive keywords that visitors use to shop for services or products.
So what can we do for you?
We can't promise miracles, but we've brought business to ourself and our clients because of our SEO efforts. As mentioned before, most of our website leads come through Google these days. We've helped clients get to the first page of Google, Yahoo, and Bing for competitive keywords. Here are some of the tasks that we'll do to boost your rankings:
- Perform a website audit
- Research for industry keywords
- Track your keyword rankings and send you regular reports
- Read your website to understand your industry
- Read your competitors' websites to further understand your industry
- Set up local listing pages (Yelp, Yellow Pages, D&B, NextDoor, etc)
- Set up and manage social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc)
- Set up a Google Analytics account
- Add Schema Markup copy to FAQ
- Modify the title tag text on multiple pages to include industry keywords and synonyms
- Modify your meta description on multiple pages to improve your listing's click through rate
- Modify your h1, h2, and h3 text to include industry keywords and synonyms
- Modify paragraph text to include industry keywords and synonyms
- Add internal links
- Add a table of contents to longer blog posts
- Set up a Google Search Console account
- Set up an Alexa account
- Configure Yoast SEO Plugin (for WordPress and Drupal Sites)
- Modify interior website page urls
- Set up htaccess redirects
- Review top 10 results for multiple keywords
- Set up and optimize Google My Business page
- Add UTM tracking to Google My Business page links
- Add alt text text to website images
- Rename image file names
- Add external links to reinforce statements
- Convert your site's url to https
- Check and improve your website's loading speed
- Split up your website's copy into smaller easier-to-read paragraphs
- Use italicized and bold text for emphasis
- Set up a Facebook company page
- Transcribe videos
- Link to media mentions
- Search the internet for backlinks from industry websites
- Help you build positive reviews on review websites
- Set up a Google Tag Manager account with tags for Google Analytics, Alexa, Crazy Egg, etc
- Add content relevant to the city or cities your business serves
- Reduce the size of your website's images for faster loading time
- Search for broken links on your website
- Advise on what type of content to write on
- Create an industry resources page
- Add customer reviews on your website
- Get rid of your website's duplicate content
- Make your website mobile friendly
- Create and submit an XML sitemap for Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Disallow search engine indexing to admin pages
- Add frequently asked questions (with help from client)
- Disavow links that can hurt your website's rankings
We don't promise 1st page results on Google and other search engines, but we can tell you that we have gotten clients on the 1st page for relevant keywords. The low hanging fruit would be to get your site on the first page for your company name.
SEO is a team effort. You provide us with information (words, photos, videos) about your business, and we will optimize it for you. We can make your copy sound better and make it look more presentable. That's part of our web design services.
If you're not willing to talk about your business, then we can't help you. This sounds easy, but it is not. Try this exercise, type up a 10 paragraph document discussing your business. Make sure that each paragraph has at least three sentences in it.
If you can do that, then go ahead contact us.
Because search engines want to produce the best results relevant to your location. For example, we may be ranked #1 on Google for the keyword web design firm or web designer if you were to search near our office in Atlanta, but we probably wouldn't be ranked in the top 10 if you did the same search in Tampa, Chicago, New York, or Los Angeles. Now, if we had an office in all of those cities, then we would have a better chance of doing so.
Because unless you have a Web Design or SEO business, you should know your business better than we ever could. We're not miracle workers or magicians. SEO is a long-term investment and requires some elbow grease. It's taken us years to write the content on our own website.
Here's a funny story. We asked a former SEO client (who we shouldn't have taken on) to give us some copy. This client at first demanded us to write all of their content about his industry even though he was an "award-winning writer". We told him that we didn't need to be writing copy especially for an "award-winning writer". He shut up and finally gave us the copy.
If you do decide to get SEO services from us, help us help you.
We don't have a set time, but we'd like to say within 6 months. Most of the time, you'll see results sooner than that. We'll track your website's progress with our keyword rankings tracker and Google Analytics. If you don't have Google Search Console, we'll create an account for you and ask Google to index your site if it hasn't been done already. We can't tell Google to hurry up though. They'll index your site whenever they can.
Some monthly SEO fees include:
- Time spent on SEO work onsite and offsite
- Keyword tracking reports
- Yext Local Listings management
- Google My Business management
We've done SEO work on sites that were built with:
- Static HTML / CSS
- Zen Cart
Yes, we do, but we end up doing just as much if not more Web Development work on inherited sites. We also end up providing Web Hosting services because their previous web host was garbage. Most of the sites that we've inherited have been neglected websites where the plugins, modules, themes, or core files haven't been updated in at least a year.
No. Results vary by location, and Google determines your location by your IP address. Every computer that uses the internet has an IP address. If a computer didn't have an IP address, Google (or any website) would not know where to send the information. That said, you can hide your IP address using a VPN service. Even then, you would still have an IP address. You can read this page for a better explanation.
All rankings have geotargeting on them.